The Yokohama Trading Company (YTRD) exports high-quality used vehicles from Japan to every country in the world. We take great pride in our reputation as an experienced and reliable provider of used Japanese vehicles to a broad range of customers.
YTRD is an original board member of JUMVEA (Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exporters Association). JUMVEA is licensed by the Japan Ministry or Trade and Industry (MITI).
Our interest is in establishing and maintaining long-term business relationships with our customers all over the world. Therefore, quality is our primary consideration. If you are looking for cheap vehicles of doubtful quality, you have come to the wrong place.
Prices of our used vehicles vary greatly depending upon a myriad of conditions. The higher the price the better the vehicle. Of course, you make the final choice on how much to spend.
We actively solicit your input. Tell us what you want and we’ll give you an approximate price.
There are several ways to purchase a vehicle or vehicles through our company.
- The most common way is to tell us what you want and let us do the rest. We’ll go to an auction site and purchase your vehicle.
- You can also access an auction site and select a specific vehicle. We then try to get that vehicle for you.
- A third less common way is to buy from our stock. But please be aware that we stock very few vehicles.
Below is a general outline of what happens when we export a used vehicle from Japan.
- We receive from the customer (you) either a request for a specific vehicle or information on a desired vehicle. The latter includes but is not limited to the following:
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Vehicle name and/or model
- Vehicle date of manufacture
- Right- or left-hand drive (all Japanese vehicles are right-hand drive – conversion is possible but will involve extra expense)
- Automatic or manual transmission
- Destination country and port of destination
- Approximate FOB price (Your budget)
- Based upon the information received from you, we investigate vehicle availability and set an approximate price.
- If the price is acceptable, you place a definite order. We require a deposit at this time.
- We procure the vehicle and inform you of important vehicle details. Photos of the vehicle are provided.
- If you are satisfied with the vehicle, the sale is made. Appropriate documentation is provided.
- You purchase a money order for the additional funds due as soon as possible and send it to us. After receiving your money order, we immediately arrange vehicle shipping.
- After shipping, we provide you with the bill of lading and other appropriate documentation.
- You take delivery of your vehicle when it reaches its port of destination.